Funded by the EIT ICT Labs and hosted by the LINCS, the Doctoral Training Centre (DTC) gathers PhD students interested in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) in the field of Internet technologies. It provides to each PhD student:
During the PhD thesis
- a high-level I&E education program, including courses and summer schools,
- the LINCS facilities for research, innovation and collaborations, including seminars and reading groups,
- funding for long-term visits (up to 6 months) in European universities and industrial labs.
After the PhD defense
- funding, including the salary, for business development in a company or an incubator (6 months).
Upon completion of the whole program, a certificate from the EIT ICT Labs is awarded to complement the PhD degree.
Any PhD student can apply, preferably in the first or second year of her/his thesis, provided:
- the university is a partner of EIT ICT Labs (e.g., UPMC, Institut Mines-Télécom, Université Paris-Sud),
- the focus of the PhD thesis is on Internet technologies at large (including networking, cloud computing, smart grids, etc.),
- the PhD thesis is partly supervised by an industrial partner (e.g., through a CIFRE contract or a collaborative project).
There are 2-3 calls for application per year, see the EIT ICT Labs Doctoral School Web site.
The Doctoral Training Centre is supported by:
For more details, please contact Thomas Bonald.