LINCS (Laboratory of Information, Networking and Communication Sciences) was created on October 28th, 2010, by three French institutions of higher education and research: INRIA, Institut Telecom and UPMC. Later Alcatel-Lucent joined in February 2011 and SystemX in October 2013 as strategic partners. LINCS was officially launched by Mrs. Valérie Pécresse, the French Minister of Research, on May 2nd, 2011.
The main objectives of LINCS are as follows:
- Reach in the mid-term a scientific level, impact and visibility at the level of the best laboratories worldwide
- Reach the critical mass to play a leading role in the international scientific community
- Create an ecosystem with strong synergies between fundamental and experimental approaches
- Establish strong synergies both with the academic world and industry
- Bridge scientific results and innovation capacity